MELANIE WALZ SCARINGI, ESQ.Founding Attorney
Attorney Melanie Walz Scaringi focuses her practice on Elder Law, Estate Planning, Estate Administration/Probate/ Asset Protection Planning and Real Estate.
In March, 2005 Melanie Scaringi and her husband Marc Scaringi opened the law firm of Scaringi & Scaringi Law, P.C., now called Scaringi Law. Prior to opening this firm, Mrs. Scaringi and her husband worked as partners in the Law Firm of Walz, Walz, Scaringi & Scaringi, which was located in Newport, Perry County, Pennsylvania.
Mrs. Scaringi obtained her license to practice law in 2001. She is a member of the US Supreme Court 2009 Bar of Pennsylvania and is also admitted to practice in the United States Middle District Court. Mrs. Scaringi is a member of the of the Dauphin County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations and is a member of the Real Estate, Probate & Trusts, Elder Law, and Tax Law Sections.
In 1998, Mrs. Scaringi graduated magna cum laude from Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of the Arts in political science and a Bachelor of the Arts in Psychology, and she graduated from the Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University in 2001 with a Juris Doctorate. Mrs. Scaringi is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society, a national collegiate honor society.
From 1997 to 1998, Mrs. Scaringi worked as an Assistant Counselor for a Sexually Violent Predators Group Therapy in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. In 1998, Mrs. Scaringi worked as a summer clerk in the Executive Office of the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. In 1999, Mrs. Scaringi worked as a legal intern in the Criminal Appeals Division in the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. In 2000, she worked for the Family Law Clinic of the Penn State Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
Mrs. Scaringi is a mother of four, is a board member of the Perry Country Council of the Arts and is a member of the Camp Hill Presbyterian Church in Cumberland County.
Department of Veterans Affairs, 2009
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law
- Estate Administration / Probate
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- Board Member for the Perry County Council of the Arts
- Central PA Paralegal Association Lunch and Learn, Harrisburg
- Elder Law, 2008 Central PA Paralegal Association Annual Meeting
Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle,
- Juris Doctorate - 2001
Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of the Arts magna cum laude - 1998
- Honors: Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Psychology
- Sexually Violent Predators Group Therapy, Assistant Counselor, 1997 - 1998
- Executive Office of the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, Summer Clerk, 1998
- Criminal Appeals Division in the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, Legal Intern, 1999
- Family Law Clinic of the Dickinson School of Law in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, Certified Legal Intern, 2000
- Law Offices of Walz & Walz, Law Clerk, 2001
- Law Offices of Walz & Walz, Associate Attorney
- Law Firm of Walz, Walz, Scaringi & Scaringi, Partner, 2002 - 2005
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Real Estate, Probate & Trusts Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Tax Law Section, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member
- Perry County Council of the Arts, Past Board Member
- MARC A. SCARINGI, ESQ.
- FRANK C. SLUZIS, ESQ.
- BRIAN C. CAFFREY, ESQ.
- KEITH E. KENDALL, ESQ.
- ERIN K. KOMADA, ESQ.
- KELLY M. WALSH, ESQ.
- KAREN L. DEMARCO, ESQ.
- ROBERT M. SAKOVICH, ESQ.
- ERIN ZIMMERER, ESQ.
- STEPHEN S. WERNER, ESQ. LL.M.
- ANTHONY E. MILEY, ESQ.
- MATTHEW A. THOMSEN, ESQ.
- F. CLAY MERRIS, ESQ.
- JOANNA L. TOFT, ESQ.
- DREW F. DEYO, ESQ.
- JUDITH TWIGG WALZ, ESQ.
- FRANK D. MROCZKA, ESQ.