Drew F. Deyo, Esq.Associate Attorney
Attorney Drew F. Deyo joined Scaringi Law in January of 2017 as an Associate Attorney practicing in family law, criminal defense and civil litigation, among other major practice areas. Attorney Deyo is based in our Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania office, and has over 7 years of legal experience.
Attorney Deyo came to our Firm after practicing law since 2012 at the Carlisle area law firm of Deyo & Kulling, where Deyo was the founding partner. At Deyo & Kulling, Attorney Deyo managed a general practice law firm, with a focus on criminal defense and family law-related matters. Deyo has represented clients in civil and criminal cases in every region of Pennsylvania, and at every phase of civil and criminal law. He comes from a family of veterans and has experience representing veterans in criminal defense and family law, including United State servicemen stationed overseas during family law litigation.
In his criminal defense practice, Attorney Deyo has represented individuals charged with Aggravated Assault, Robbery, Child Sex Offenses, around 50 DUI's, Theft, White Collar Crimes, and Tax Offenses. Attorney Deyo has developed an extensive family law practice including representing individuals involved in custody cases from start through trial, including appeals to the Pennsylvania Superior Court, multiple divorces, including multiple Divorce Master hearings, child and spousal support cases, including multiple Support Master’s Hearings and adoptions. Deyo has developed an extensive debt collection practice for both individuals and businesses. He has also handled personal injury and automobile accident and slip and fall cases where he obtained successful settlements for his clients.
Prior to founding his own firm, Attorney Deyo was an Associate Attorney in another Carlisle-based general law practice where he handled a large caseload in a wide range of practice areas, including employment law, personal injury law, family law, criminal defense, business contract law, real estate, and appellate practice. Deyo gained extensive litigation experience representing clients in all phases of civil and criminal litigation, including over twenty jury trials. He handled many appeals and made appellate arguments before the Pennsylvania Superior Court and an appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in Commonwealth v. Dyarman, 41 A.3d 1282 (Pa 2012).
Attorney Deyo was born and raised in the Harrisburg area. He currently lives in Carlisle, PA. Attorney Deyo is a regular parishioner at St. Patrick’s Church in Carlisle and is a former Esteemed Loyal Knight of the Elks Lodge in Carlisle.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Civil & Commercial Litigation
Pennsylvania State University – Dickenson School of Law
- J.D., 2010
- Law Journal: Section Editor, Yearbook on Arbitration and Mediation
- Moot Court: Member, Constance Baker Motley National Moot Court Competition Team
King College, Bristol, Tennessee
- Degree: B.A. in Political Science/History, summa cum laude GPA: 4.0
- Minor: Business Administration and Economics
- Honors: Recipient, Political Science Student of the Year Award
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Office of Deyo & Kulling, 2012 – 2017
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- United States Federal Court, Middle District Pennsylvania, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cumberland County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- Criminal Defense Section
- Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Drew F. Deyo, Alabama’s New Mediator Confidentiality Statute Attempts to Foster Public Confidence in Mediation, Yearbook on Arbitration and Mediation, Volume I, 338 (2009).
- Drew F. Deyo, Georgia’s New Lemon Law Offers Consumer-Friendly Changes While Strengthening Arbitration Provisions, Yearbook on Arbitration and Mediation, Volume I, 342 (2009).
- Marc A. Scaringi, Esq.
- Melanie Walz Scaringi, Esq.
- Frank C. Sluzis, Esq.
- Brian C. Caffrey, Esq.
- Keith E. Kendall, ESQ.
- Kelly M. Walsh, Esq.
- Karen L. DeMarco, Esq.
- Anthony E. Miley, Esq.
- F. Clay Merris, Esq.
- Judith Twigg Walz, Esq.
- Frank D. Mroczka, Esq.
- Anthony Knabb diDonato, ESQ.
- Michael B. Howard, Esq.
- Robert M. Sakovich, Esq.