Michael B. Howard, Esq.Attorney
Employment Litigation & Family Law Attorney
Attorney Michael B. Howard, Esq. joined the team at Scaringi Law on July 30th, 2018, and brings a decade of experience to our team.
During his career, he has litigated every type of dispute in management-side labor and employment law cases in both trial and appellate courts on both the state and federal levels. He has also provided regular legal counsel and advice to management and human resource personnel regarding employment issues such as investigation of allegations of harassment or discrimination, wage and hour compliance and audits, ‘best practices’ employment policies and handbooks, Family and Medical Leave Act compliance, employment and severance agreements, and executive fiduciary responsibilities. Mike has extensive experience with state and federal employment statutes, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADA, FLSA, NLRA, OSHA, USERRA, and the WARN Act.
Before joining our firm, he worked for seven years at Miles and Stockbridge, PC, a prestigious law firm located in Baltimore, MD.
Here at Scaringi Law, Mr. Howard is helping our firm expand our employment law practice in order to represent clients on either side of these types of disputes. He also handles general civil and commercial litigation matters, helping the Chair of our Litigation Section, Brian Caffrey, with his caseload. Attorney Howard also helps Briand and Keith Kendall with their employment law cases.
Today, he brings both this experience and skill with family law matters such as divorce and child custody to help clients who need assistance with these matters throughout the Maryland area.
Year Joined Firm
- Management side labor litigation
- Employment law
- Family law
- Child custody
- George Washington University School of Law – J.D., with honors (2008)
- University of Maryland – Ph.D. Molecular Microbiology (2004)
- Lebanon Valley College – B.S. Biochemistry, B.A. French (2000)
- District of Columbia (Inactive)
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth, Seventh, and DC Circuits
- Marc A. Scaringi, Esq.
- Melanie Walz Scaringi, Esq.
- Frank C. Sluzis, Esq.
- Brian C. Caffrey, Esq.
- Keith E. Kendall, ESQ.
- Kelly M. Walsh, Esq.
- Karen L. DeMarco, Esq.
- Robert M. Sakovich, Esq.
- Anthony E. Miley, Esq.
- F. Clay Merris, Esq.
- Drew F. Deyo, Esq.
- Judith Twigg Walz, Esq.
- Frank D. Mroczka, Esq.
- Anthony Knabb diDonato, ESQ.