Marc A. Scaringi Esq.
- Read Articles by Marc Scaringi
- Review Testimonials
- View Marc Scaringi's YouTube video
- Listen to The Marc Scaringi Show
Marc A. Scaringi, Esquire. Mr. Scaringi focuses his practice on four major areas of law: (1) family law; (2) criminal defense; (3) civil and commercial litigation; and (4) business & corporate law. Mr. Scaringi has over eleven years of experience representing clients throughout Central Pennsylvania in each of these practice areas.
In his family law practice, Mr. Scaringi handles all types of divorce cases – from simple to complex divorces involving high asset individuals and small and medium-sized business owners – in every aspect of the case, including Master's Hearings, De Novo Hearings, equitable distribution, alimony and appeals. Mr. Scaringi handles child custody cases of all kinds, including grandparent's rights cases, relocation cases, interstate child custody disputes, and modification and enforcement of child custody orders. Mr. Scaringi handles all aspects of child support, spousal support, alimony pendente lite and alimony. Mr. Scaringi represents defendants in civil Protection From Abuse (PFA) proceedings and in criminal contempt of PFA. Mr. Scaringi is a member of the Family Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Family Law Section of the Dauphin County Bar Association.
In his criminal defense practice, Mr. Scaringi handles all kinds of criminal cases from high-level drug trafficking and firearms cases, to sex and drug offenses, violent and non-violent offenses and white collar crimes including embezzlement, theft and tax evasion, to DUI and vehicle code offenses to probation and parole violations. Mr. Scaringi worked for six years as the Executive Assistant to the Attorney General of Pennsylvania. As Pennsylvania's chief law enforcement officer, the Attorney General oversees among other types of criminal prosecutions, interstate drug trafficking, child sex offenses and political corruption cases. Upon leaving the Attorney General's office, Mr. Scaringi served for several years as court-appointed public defender during which time Mr. Scaringi successfully handled hundreds of criminal cases as defense attorney including attempted homicide, homicide by vehicle, every type of sex offense including rape and Megan's Law violations, arson, burglary, aggravated assault, theft, contempt of Protection From Abuse Orders, firearms cases and every type of drug offense including manufacturing and numerous DUI and vehicle cases. Mr. Scaringi has taken several cases to trial securing not-guilty verdicts in cases ranging from aggravated assault to attempted rape to homicide by vehicle. Mr. Scaringi has had success suppressing evidence based upon violations of the Constitutions of both the United States and Pennsylvania. Mr. Scaringi has had success in obtaining the pre-trial dismissal of cases based upon insufficient evidence, police misconduct, and violations of his clients' Constitutional rights. Mr. Scaringi is a member of the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys and the Criminal Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
In recent years, Mr. Scaringi has developed a particular focus in firearms law in which he represents individuals accused of any type of violation of federal, state or local firearms statutes or regulations. Furthermore, Mr. Scaringi represents individuals who are denied by the Pennsylvania State Police the right to purchase a firearm, denied by the Sheriff the right to obtain a concealed carry permit and individuals who wish to obtain relief from state or federal firearms disabling offenses or conduct including past PFAs and mental health commitments that are prohibiting them from possessing a firearm or owning a concealed carry permit.
In his civil and commercial litigation practice, Mr. Scaringi represents individuals and business entities in all types of disputes, including disputes between consumers and businesses, homeowners and contractors, real property title and boundary line disputes, landlord tenant evictions, ejectment actions, violations of the breach of contract, intentional and unintentional torts, all types of negligence, and cases involving unjust enrichment. Furthermore, Mr. Scaringi has developed a particular emphasis over the years in representing disputes between and among business partners and disputes originating from failed purchases or acquisitions of small and medium-sized business entities.
In his business and corporate law practice, Mr. Scaringi represents for-profit, non-profit and not-for-profit businesses and their principals, owners, directors and officers. Mr. Scaringi represents clients involved in business formation, governance, transactions, mergers, acquisitions and dissolutions, disputes between and among business owners and business and commercial litigation. As the owner of his own small business, Mr. Scaringi is uniquely qualified to advise and guide clients in the area of business law because Mr. Scaringi addresses and resolves, on behalf of his own business, many of the same issues that his clients deal with on a daily basis including: contracts, commercial lease agreements, employer/employee relations, human resources, tax reporting fund compliance, financial reporting, financing and leasing, issues between and among principals and owners, structuring commercial transactions, advertising, marketing, business development, management and most other business matters.
As the owner and Firm Manager of his own business, Mr. Scaringi understands the problems, that small and mid-sized business owners and managers confront on a daily basis. Mr. Scaringi appreciates the need these owners and managers have in receiving sound advice on how to manage and lead their own businesses. Mr. Scaringi understands that his clients need and want a lawyer who will not just advise on the law but provide advice on how to manage and lead a business.
Mr. Scaringi is a member of the American Bar Association, Section of Business Law and serves on the following committees: Business and Corporate Litigation, Corporate Compliance, Corporate Governance, Middle Market and Small Business and LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities. Mr. Scaringi is also a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, in which he serves on the Business Law Section and its Title 15 and Business Association Committee. Mr. Scaringi is also a member of the American Bar Association, Business Law Section.
Mr. Scaringi obtained his license to practice law in 2001. He is a member of the Bar of Pennsylvania, the United States Middle District Court of Pennsylvania, and the United States Supreme Court.
In 1993, Mr. Scaringi graduated from Georgetown University in Washington, DC with a Bachelor of the Arts degree in History and from the Widener University School of Law in 2001 with a Juris Doctorate.
From 1994 to 1996, Mr. Scaringi worked on then Congressman Rick Santorum's campaign for the United States Senate. From 1995 to 1996, Mr. Scaringi worked as a legislative correspondent for United States Senator Rick Santorum in Washington, DC. In 1996, Mr. Scaringi worked as an aide to then state Senator Mike Fisher on his campaign for Attorney General of Pennsylvania.
From 1997 to 2001, Mr. Scaringi held the position of Executive Assistant to the Attorney General of Pennsylvania. During this time period, Mr. Scaringi worked at night on his law degree. In 2001, Mr. Scaringi held the position of Director of Policy on Mike Fisher's campaign for Governor of Pennsylvania. In 2001, Mr. Scaringi began his law career by entering into law practice with his wife, Melanie Walz Scaringi, and her parents in the firm, Walz & Walz and then Walz, Walz, Scaringi & Scaringi, based in Newport, Pennsylvania. In 2005, Mr. and Mrs. Scaringi started their own firm, Scaringi & Scaringi, PC based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. From 2010 to 2012, Mr. Scaringi campaigned for the Republican nomination to the United States Senate in Pennsylvania winning accolades from media and political commentators across Pennsylvania concerning his strong debating skills, knowledge of the issues and unsurpassed work ethic
Mr. Scaringi is a speaker on topics including the United States and Pennsylvania Constitutional law, including the 2nd Amendment and firearms laws, politics and public policy.
Mr. Scaringi is a member of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber of Commerce, and the Rotary Club of Harrisburg.
Mr. Scaringi is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Newport Public Library, the Board of Directors of Newport Revitalization and Preservation Society and a former President and member of the Board of Directors of the Newport Lions Club.
Mr. Scaringi is currently a member of the Camp Hill Faith Presbyterian Church, Camp Hill, PA and a former member and former Youth Director of the Highland United Presbyterian Church, Newport, Pennsylvania.
Mr. Scaringi resides in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania with his wife, Melanie, and their daughters, Gabriella, Julia, Portia and son Marc Anthony Scaringi, Jr.
Know Your Rights Video Series:
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Business & Corporate Law
- Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2001
- Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: History
- "Fundamentals of Business Entity Selection", The National Business Institute, October, 2007
- Fundamentals of Business Entity Selection, National Business Institute
- Speaker, United States and Pennsylvania Constitutional Law, 2nd Amendment and Firearms Laws, Politics and Public Policy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member, 2001 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Title 15 and Business Association Committee, 2008 - Present
- Family Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Criminal Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member
- Bar of Pennsylvania, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Walz, Walz, Scaringi & Scaringi, Partner/ Attorney, 2002 - 2005
- Walz & Walz, Associate, 2001 - 2002
- Mike Fisher for Governor, Director of Policy, 2001
- Pennsylvania Attorney General, Executive Assistant to Attorney General, 1997 - 2001
- Mike Fisher for Attorney General, Director of Coalitions, 1996
- United States Senator Rick Santorum, Legislative Correspondent, 1995 - 1996
- Rick Santorum for Senate, Coalitions Coordinator, 1994
- Credit Bureau of Pittsburgh, Manager Trainee, 1993 - 1994
- Kirkpatrick & Lockhart, Law Firm, Legal Intern, 1993
- American Society of International Law, Intern, 1993
- Attorney General of Pennsylvania, Executive Assistant , 1997 - 2001
- Governor of Pennsylvania, Director of Policy on Mike Fisher's campaign, 2001
- Congressman Rick Santorum's, United States Senate, 1994 - 1996
- Attorney General of Pennsylvania, State Senator, 1996
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Harrisburg Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Rotary Club of Harrisburg
- Former Member, Board of Directors of the Newport Public Library
- Former Member, Board of Directors of Newport Revitalization and Preservation Society
- Former President and Member, Board of Directors of the Newport Lions Club
- Member, Camp Hill Faith Presbyterian Church, Camp Hill, PA
- Former Member and Former Youth Director, Highland United Presbyterian Church, Newport, Pennsylvania