MATTHEW A. THOMSEN, ESQ.Associate Attorney
Attorney Matthew A. Thomsen joined Scaringi Law in January of 2017 as an Associate Attorney practicing in civil and commercial litigation, personal injury, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, patent law, consumer collections, Medicare-based administrative appeals, guardianship, nursing home law, health care law, elder law, advanced nursing home planning, filial support law, business entity formation, entertainment law, employment law, and landlord/tenant issues and contract law, among other major practice areas.
Attorney Thomsen is based in our Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania office, and has over six years of legal experience. Prior to joining Scaringi Law, Attorney Thomsen managed his own solo law practice in Harrisburg for two years. Upon graduation from law school in 2009, Thomsen clerked for the Honorable Judge Andrew H. Dowling, Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas. In this position, Thomsen researched and drafted extensive opinions, memoranda and Court Orders for many different types of civil and criminal cases, including actions regarding mortgage foreclosure, credit default, personal injury, medical malpractice, Post-Conviction Relief Act filings, vicarious liability, corporate negligence, and zoning board appeals.
Upon completion of his clerkship, Attorney Thomsen joined the Harrisburg-based law firm, Capozzi & Adler as an Associate Attorney. In this position, Thomsen served as the lead attorney on over one hundred consumer collections actions, he researched and drafted filings for numerous Medicare-based administrative appeals, he pursued guardianship for dozens of Pennsylvania nursing residents. Thomsen argued various dispositive motions and other contested filings in several Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas and equivalent New Jersey courts. He conducted extensive research work for Christ the King, et al. v. Secretary US Department of Health and Human Services, et al., 730 F.3d 291 (3d Cir. 2013). He led various Pennsylvania and New Jersey administrative, tort, and contract actions in both state and Federal courts.
Areas of Practice
- Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
The Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle,
- J.D., 2009
- Honors: Dean’s Scholarship
- CALI Award for Highest Grade in Class (International Commercial Litigation)
- Activities: Captain of National Trial Competition Team
- Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota
- B.A., 2003
- Honors: Gustavus Music Award & Gustavus Alumni Scholarship
Past Employment Positions
- Thomsen Law, P.C., Harrisburg, 2015 – 2017
- Capozzi Adler, P.C., Harrisburg, 2011– May 2015
- Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas, Harrisburg, 2010-2011
- Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, Harrisburg, 2007-2009
- Pennsylvania, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Christ the King, et al. v. Secretary US Department of Health and Human Services, et al., 730 F.3d 291 (3d Cir. 2013).
- MARC A. SCARINGI, ESQ.
- MELANIE WALZ SCARINGI, ESQ.
- FRANK C. SLUZIS, ESQ.
- BRIAN C. CAFFREY, ESQ.
- KEITH E. KENDALL, ESQ.
- ERIN K. KOMADA, ESQ.
- KELLY M. WALSH, ESQ.
- KAREN L. DEMARCO, ESQ.
- ROBERT M. SAKOVICH, ESQ.
- ERIN ZIMMERER, ESQ.
- STEPHEN S. WERNER, ESQ. LL.M.
- ANTHONY E. MILEY, ESQ.
- F. CLAY MERRIS, ESQ.
- DREW F. DEYO, ESQ.
- JUDITH TWIGG WALZ, ESQ.
- FRANK D. MROCZKA, ESQ.