MARC A. SCARINGI, ESQ.Founding Attorney
Marc A. Scaringi, Esquire. Mr. Scaringi focuses his practice on business & corporate law. Mr. Scaringi has over fifteen years of experience representing individuals and businesses throughout Pennsylvania. As the Scaringi Law Firm Manager, Mr. Scaringi oversees, supervises and coordinates the representation of all Scaring Law clients in every practice area handled by the Firm.
In his business and corporate law practice, Mr. Scaringi represents for-profit, non-profit and not-for-profit businesses and their principals, owners, directors and officers. Mr. Scaringi represents clients involved in business formation, including among others Limited Liability Companies, S & C corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, franchises, as well has handling governance, transactions, mergers, acquisitions and dissolutions and disputes between and among business owners and businesses. As the owner of his own small business, Mr. Scaringi is uniquely qualified to advise and guide clients in the area of business law. Mr. Scaringi addresses and resolves, on behalf of his own business, many of the same issues that his clients deal with on a daily basis including: contracts, commercial lease agreements, employer/employee relations, employment law, administrative law, federal and state employment and business regulatory matters, human resources, tax reporting fund compliance, financial reporting, financing and leasing, issues between and among principals and owners, structuring commercial transactions, advertising, marketing, business development, management and most other business matters. Mr. Scaringi represents many businesses involved in the hospitality industry and works closely with his liquor license attorney in the representation of every aspect of the transfer of liquor licenses and with his tax attorney in handling all tax-related matters involving businesses of all kinds. Mr. Scaringi works with his real estate attorney in the handling of all real estate matters affecting businesses and individuals. Mr. Scaringi understands the problems, that small and mid-sized business owners and managers confront on a daily basis. Mr. Scaringi appreciates the need these owners and managers have in receiving sound advice on how to manage and lead their own businesses. Mr. Scaringi understands that his clients need and want a lawyer who will not just advise on the law but provide advice on how to manage and lead a business.
Mr. Scaringi is a member of the American Bar Association, Section of Business Law and serves on the following committees: Business and Corporate Litigation, Corporate Compliance, Corporate Governance, Middle Market and Small Business and LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities. Mr. Scaringi is also a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, in which he serves on the Business Law Section and its Title 15 and Business Association Committee. Mr. Scaringi is also a member of the American Bar Association, Business Law Section.
Mr. Scaringi obtained his license to practice law in 2001. He is a member of the Bar of Pennsylvania, the United States Middle District Court of Pennsylvania, and the United States Supreme Court.
In 1993, Mr. Scaringi graduated from Georgetown University in Washington, DC with a Bachelor of the Arts degree in History and from the Widener University School of Law in 2001 with a Juris Doctorate.
From 1994 to 1996, Mr. Scaringi worked on then Congressman Rick Santorum's campaign for the United States Senate. From 1995 to 1996, Mr. Scaringi worked as a legislative correspondent for United States Senator Rick Santorum in Washington, DC. In 1996, Mr. Scaringi worked as an aide to then state Senator Mike Fisher on his campaign for Attorney General of Pennsylvania.
From 1997 to 2001, Mr. Scaringi held the position of Executive Assistant to the Attorney General of Pennsylvania. During this time period, Mr. Scaringi worked at night on his law degree. In 2001, Mr. Scaringi held the position of Director of Policy on Mike Fisher's campaign for Governor of Pennsylvania.
In 2001, Mr. Scaringi began his law career by entering into law practice with his wife, Melanie Walz Scaringi, and her parents in the firm, Walz & Walz and then Walz, Walz, Scaringi Law, based in Newport, Pennsylvania. In 2005, Mr. and Mrs. Scaringi started their own firm, Scaringi & Scaringi, PC based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. From 2010 to 2012, Mr. Scaringi campaigned for the Republican nomination to the United States Senate in Pennsylvania winning accolades from media and political commentators across Pennsylvania concerning his strong debating skills, knowledge of the issues and unsurpassed work ethic. In 2016, Mr. Scaringi was endorsed by then candidate, Donald J. Trump, as a delegate to the 2016 Republican National Convention (RNC). Mr. Scaringi ran in the 2016 primary election, won that election and represented the 4th Congressional District at the RNC in Cleveland.
Mr. Scaringi is a speaker on topics including the United States and Pennsylvania Constitutional law, including the 2nd Amendment and firearms laws, politics and public policy.
Mr. Scaringi writes a bi-weekly column for PennLive/The Patriot News and was host of The Marc Scaringi Show on WHYL 960 AM in Carlisle and then on WHP 580 AM in Harrisburg and I Heart Radio.
Mr. Scaringi is a member of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Scaringi is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Newport Public Library, the Board of Directors of Newport Revitalization and Preservation Society and a former President and member of the Board of Directors of the Newport Lions Club.
Mr. Scaringi is currently a former Youth Director of the Highland United Presbyterian Church, Newport, Pennsylvania.
Mr. Scaringi resides in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania with his wife, Melanie, and their daughters, Gabriella, Julia, Portia and son Marc Anthony Scaringi, Jr.
Areas of Practice?
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Business & Corporate Law
- Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- "Fundamentals of Business Entity Selection", The National Business Institute, October, 2007
- Fundamentals of Business Entity Selection, National Business Institute
- Speaker, United States and Pennsylvania Constitutional Law, 2nd Amendment and Firearms Laws, Politics and Public Policy
Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2001
Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: History
- Walz, Walz, Scaringi Law, Partner/ Attorney, 2002 - 2005
- Walz & Walz, Associate, 2001 - 2002
- Mike Fisher for Governor, Director of Policy, 2001
- Pennsylvania Attorney General, Executive Assistant to Attorney General, 1997 - 2001
- Mike Fisher for Attorney General, Director of Coalitions, 1996
- United States Senator Rick Santorum, Legislative Correspondent, 1995 - 1996
- Rick Santorum for Senate, Coalitions Coordinator, 1994
- Credit Bureau of Pittsburgh, Manager Trainee, 1993 - 1994
- Kirkpatrick & Lockhart, Law Firm, Legal Intern, 1993
- American Society of International Law, Intern, 1993
- Attorney General of Pennsylvania, Executive Assistant , 1997 - 2001
- Governor of Pennsylvania, Director of Policy on Mike Fisher's campaign, 2001
- Congressman Rick Santorum's, United States Senate, 1994 - 1996
- Attorney General of Pennsylvania, State Senator, 1996
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member, 2001 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Title 15 and Business Association Committee, 2008 - Present
- Family Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Criminal Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member
- Bar of Pennsylvania, Member
- Member, Harrisburg Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Rotary Club of Harrisburg
- Former Member, Board of Directors of the Newport Public Library
- Former Member, Board of Directors of Newport Revitalization and Preservation Society
- Former President and Member, Board of Directors of the Newport Lions Club
- Member, Camp Hill Faith Presbyterian Church, Camp Hill, PA
- Former Member and Former Youth Director, Highland United Presbyterian Church, Newport, Pennsylvania
- MELANIE WALZ SCARINGI, ESQ.
- FRANK C. SLUZIS, ESQ.
- BRIAN C. CAFFREY, ESQ.
- KEITH E. KENDALL, ESQ.
- ERIN K. KOMADA, ESQ.
- KELLY M. WALSH, ESQ.
- KAREN L. DEMARCO, ESQ.
- ROBERT M. SAKOVICH, ESQ.
- ERIN ZIMMERER, ESQ.
- ANTHONY E. MILEY, ESQ.
- F. CLAY MERRIS, ESQ.
- DREW F. DEYO, ESQ.
- JUDITH TWIGG WALZ, ESQ.
- FRANK D. MROCZKA, ESQ.