ROBERT M. SAKOVICH, ESQ.Associate Attorney
Attorney Robert M. Sakovich focuses his practice on
family law and
Mr. Sakovich, who joined Scaringi Law, in October 2015, had most recently clerked for York County Court of Common Pleas Judge Joseph C. Adams, who presided over the court’s Family Law Division. This experience has provided Mr. Sakovich with keen insight into both sides of custody, support, and divorce cases, with a strong emphasis on the strategic legal arguments that will benefit his clients and their families.
Mr. Sakovich’s role included drafting pretrial memoranda and opinions for family court dispositions, civil court dispositions, and in juvenile delinquency. He also assisted in implementing new case administration procedures designed to increase the chamber’s productivity, particularly in relation to custody conciliations. This latter assignment included a detailed statistical analysis of the generation and disposition of family law cases, with each case tracked at every step in the process from origination to resolution. Mr. Sakovich’s work highlighted ways the process could be made more efficient to deliver just resolutions in a shorter time and in a less costly manner.
All told, these experiences gave Mr. Sakovich considerable insight into how seemingly clear-cut legal issues can become intertwined with the inherently personal and emotional nature of family law matters. These situations can bog down cases and unnecessarily extend litigation, increasing client expense for everything from divorce and property settlements to child custody and support cases.
Armed with a realistic sense of what can be achieved under the law given the merits and facts of each case, Mr. Sakovich is a determined, knowledgeable, and compassionate legal champion for the best interest of his clients and their children. He relishes developing the close relationships with his clients that are an integral part of custody, support, and divorce cases.
Mr. Sakovich’s commitment to always acting in the best interest of children goes beyond his legal practice. A graduate of Penn State University, he served as communications chairman for Springfield, a nonprofit group that raises money to help children with cancer and their families in conjunction with the university’s annual dance marathon known as THON. Under Mr. Sakovich’s leadership, Springfield raised nearly $178,000 for pediatric cancer patients in 2010.
Mr. Sakovich is a 2013 graduate of the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law and a 2010 graduate of Pennsylvania State University.
He is a member of the Pennsylvania, York County, and Dauphin County Bar Associations and the Harrisburg Young Professionals.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Firearm Law
- Pennsylvania, 2013
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2013
Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, University
- J.D. - May, 2013
- Honors: Dean's Scholarship
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - May, 2010
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: T.S. Fitch Memorial Scholarship
- Honors: Gilbert Sealfon Scholarship
- Honors: Penn State Student Leader Scholarship
- Major: Print Journalism
- Minor: Legal Environment of Business
- Pennsylvania State University, Research Assistant to Professor John E. Lopatka , May 1, 2011 - March 1, 2013
- West Shore Web Marketing, Self-Employed Website Designer , March 1, 2009 - June 1, 2012
- York County Court of Common Pleas, Law Clerk to the Honorable Joseph C. Adams, March 1, 2014 - October 1, 2015
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Harrisburg Young Professionals
Pro Bono Activities
- Springfield, an independent Penn State Dance Marathon organization , August 1, 2007 - May 1, 2012