Gaming Lawyers in Harrisburg
Comprehensive Legal Counsel for Individuals and Entities
As the second-largest state in terms of gambling revenue, Pennsylvania heavily regulates the gambling industry. Casinos, as well as the suppliers and manufacturers of gaming devices, are subject to the rules and policies promulgated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
The Gaming Control Board is responsible for issuing licenses, collecting fees, and making regulations that govern the gambling industry in Pennsylvania, which includes horse racing, the state lottery, and charitable fundraising events. Given the scrutiny and strict regulations applicable to gambling, the margin of error for industry players is small, while the consequences of noncompliance are significant.
If you are a gaming supplier, manufacturer, casino resort, or other gambling service provider, you may need a legal representative who is well-versed in Pennsylvania gaming law to help you with legal compliance and transactional matters. At Scaringi Law, you can count on our team of experienced attorneys to advise you on matters of Pennsylvania gaming law and advocate for your rights and interests.
For more details about our legal services, call us at (717) 775-7195 today!
Effective Legal Representation in Gaming Law Matters
Much of Pennsylvania Gaming Law comes from the Pennsylvania Racehorse Development and Gaming Act of 2004. Its provisions grant regulatory authority to the Gaming Control Board, vests enforcement powers to the Bureau of Investigations & Enforcement, and establishes rules and procedures for the industry as a whole.
At Scaringi Law, we have a working understanding of the Pennsylvania Racehorse Development and Gaming Act, and the regulations promulgated thereunder by the Gaming Control Board as they apply to various players of the gambling industry of this state. From transactional matters, like license applications, to litigation, such as disputes with noncompliant parties, we are here to deliver quality legal solutions that fit your needs.
Our legal team has experience with the following issues concerning Pennsylvania gaming law:
- Slot machine license application, renewal, and appeals: Pennsylvania law regulates the operation of slot machines, the licensing of which is divided into several categories. We can prepare license applications and represent you throughout the licensing process.
- Supplier and Manufacturer licensing: Manufacturers and suppliers of gaming devices in Pennsylvania must obtain licenses to conduct business in Pennsylvania. We can guide you through the licensing process and advise you on your rights and options.
- Abbreviated process for license applications: The law provides a faster, simpler method for manufacturer and supplier license applications. We can advise you about this process and whether you can take advantage of it in your case.
- Table games regulation and certification: The equipment and operation of games like poker, blackjack, roulette, and craps are subject to specific laws in Pennsylvania. We can advise you about these laws and assist you with obtaining or maintaining a table game operation certificate.
- Service provider requirements and permits: Persons who qualify as gaming or non-gaming service providers are subject to specific laws and regulations. We can help you understand and comply with your legal duties, as well as assist you with service provider permits if applicable.
- Regulatory compliance: The activities subject to Pennsylvania gaming laws and regulations are extensive. We can provide legal counsel on several regulatory areas, such as interactive gaming, sports betting, and online gambling.
- Bureau of Investigations & Enforcement matters: Illegal and sometimes criminal matters affecting the gambling industry are under the purview of the Bureau of Investigations & Enforcement. We will protect your rights when it comes to investigations and enforcement proceedings.
- Proceedings before the Gaming Control Board: The Gaming Control Board is responsible for administering Pennsylvania gaming law. We can represent you in matters before the Board to ensure your legal interests are preserved.
Consult Scaringi Law’s Harrisburg Gaming Law Attorney for Advice
If you are a member of the gambling industry in Pennsylvania, Scaringi Law can help you protect your financial and legal interests. We are a full-service law firm with experience in various practice areas that relate to the gambling industry, including business law and litigation. Moreover, our attorneys have an in-depth understanding of Pennsylvania Gaming law to protect and promote your rights and interests as a high-roller casino resort, or as an ace gaming supplier, manufacturer, or other service provider.
Please call Scaringi Law at (717) 775-7195 or contact us online to arrange a consultation with one of our experienced lawyers today.