Resolving Tax Issues
Harrisburg Tax Lawyers: Finding Solutions to Your Tax Debt
Have you had a tax lien filed against you? Do you face foreclosure of your home or business? Wage garnishment? Seizure of your assets? Whatever the challenges, the Harrisburg tax law attorneys at Scaringi Law may be able to help you find relief from your tax debt.
We will fight tooth and nail to ensure that you have options. Our tax lawyers are aggressive in the courtroom and effective around the negotiation table. We understand the local tax rates and federal tax laws and are prepared to defend your rights before revenue officers, prosecutors and the tax court.
From our law offices in Harrisburg and Newport we represent individuals and small businesses facing tax issues anywhere in Central Pennsylvania. To learn more about how we can help you resolve your tax issues, please contact us.
Our knowledge does not stop with tax law. We are a full-service law firm and can help you with any other legal challenges you face. Many people simply cannot afford to pay taxes. We help them consider debt relief options such as filing for bankruptcy. Are you facing criminal sanctions for failure to pay taxes? Your tax lawyer will work with our criminal defense lawyers to ensure that you receive the right and best combination of talent, knowledge and experience.
When Tax Debt Seems Insurmountable
We understand that you are going through a lot right now. Your tax issues may have been broadcast to the world through your small town newspaper or the mortgage foreclosure sign on your front lawn. You may feel trapped, unable to get out of this hole.
Relief may be available. Call now for a Consultation with an Attorney.
Our Harrisburg tax law attorneys can review your situation to help you understand your position with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Depending on your particular circumstances, you may be eligible for tax relief, such as:
- Offer in Compromise (OIC): If you cannot afford to pay the full amount of taxes that you owe, you may be able to negotiate a lower liability amount through an Offer in Compromise with the IRS.
- Installment agreements/payment plans: You may be able to arrange monthly payments with the IRS to pay the back taxes that you owe.
- Currently not collectible status: Taxpayers who cannot afford to make monthly payments to the IRS can ask the IRS to put their accounts into "currently not collectible" status until they can pay.
Installment agreements and currently not collectible status are only available to taxpayers who have filed taxes every year they were supposed to be filed.
Other Tax Law Services
We also work hard to resolve our clients' tax issues involving:
- Resolution of tax disputes/tax litigation
- Valuation and payment of prize and gift taxes
- Tax planning
- Compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Defense in criminal and civil tax proceedings
- Tax return preparation
Representing Clients Throughout Central Pennsylvania, Including Newport, Harrisburg — Lawyers Resolving Tax Issues
For additional information about the tax law practice at Scaringi Law, contact our Newport, Harrisburg tax law attorneys.