Frank D. Mroczka, Esq.Associate Attorney
Chair – Real Estate Section
Attorney Frank Mroczka is Scaringi Law’s Real Estate Section Chair, and an Associate Attorney. Attorney Mroczka has over 30 years of legal experience including nearly 15 years as Senior Counsel to one of the largest real estate and title insurance companies in the Mid-Atlantic states.
Now at Scaringi Law, Attorney Mroczka puts his many years of experience providing title insurance and representing lenders in large and complex real estate transactions, to work representing Scaringi Law’s clients. He works in every aspect of every type of commercial or residential real estate transaction.
Attorney Mroczka represents real estate developers and investors in the acquisition or sale of real estate; developers and owners in zoning, planning and subdivisions, variances, easements, land use; lenders and borrowers and all parties in drafting and negotiating mortgage loan agreements, promissory notes, security agreements, financing statements, deeds, leases, easements, rights of way, rights of first refusal, options to purchase; commercial and residential landlords and commercial tenants in lease formation and negotiation and eviction and ejectment actions; real estate developers in the formation of real estate investment business entities; any party to any litigation involving real estate from boundary line disputes to adverse possession to mortgage foreclosure and any type of dispute in between.
In the words of one of Frank’s clients— "I’ve never spoken to a kinder and more helpful lawyer in my life. I appreciate his help and guidance."
Attorney Mroczka has expertise in resolving title defects and any dispute involving the title to real estate through negotiation or litigation.
As a former senior counsel to large title insurance company and title agent himself, Attorney Mroczka is deeply experienced and well situated to represent purchasers and lenders involved in any commercial or residential real estate transaction requiring title insurance. Attorney Mroczka has been a licensed title agent through the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance since 2003. He takes pride and pleasure in guiding clients through the complex and intricate aspects of a real estate settlement. Attorney Mroczka is ready willing and able to provide title insurance and conduct real estate settlements at any of Scaringi Law’s six local offices in Harrisburg, Newport, Carlisle, York, Gettysburg and Lancaster. Scaringi Law clients enjoy this high level of convenience and appreciate Attorney Mroczka’s extensive real estate experience.
Attorney Mroczka also represents lenders particularly small and midsized banks, community banks, mortgage companies and other lending institutions in compliance with the federal and state banking and lending laws and regulations including compliance with the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) including Regulation Z, X and regulations as modified by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”), including recent regulatory regime and mandate for banks, lending institutions and the Title Insurance industry, Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), Dodd-Frank Regulations, Home Ownership Equity Protection Act (“HOEPA”), FIRRA (appraisals) and the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) as modified by the CFPB.
Prior to joining Scaringi Law, Attorney Mroczka handled all legal aspects at a multi-faceted corporation licensed to do business in several states, including Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, District of Columbia, Massachusetts, Florida and New York.
A few of Attorney Mroczka's services include:
- Providing legal advice and drafting of formation documents and contracts involving business entities regulated by the federal and state governments;
- Advice on multi-state rules, laws and regulations involving insurance compliance standards of regulated entities, their contract partners and third party vendors;
- Legal review and interaction with the Federal Government, Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”);
- Complaint and resolution oversight involving facts concerning the federal contract and the term of renewals;
- Provided legal advice regarding title and regulatory laws for 6 Northeastern states concerning insurance requirements, processes and procedures in relation to insurance compliance;
- Handled licensure for all states including monetary bonding for Fidelity and Surety policies;
- Provided legal oversight of specific regulatory agency requirements for lines of business including Title Insurance for 7 states, Mortgage Credit Reporting as a reseller of Credit Reporting services for Experian, Equifax and Transunion; Flood Insurance determinations and appeals; National Property Reporting services; Appraisal Services direct from the company and appraisal through its Appraisal Management Company (Multi-state); and Affiliated Business Regulation relating to affiliate corporations and entities and Regulatory Compliance monitoring under RESPA including Regulation Z, X and regulations as modified by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”), including recent regulatory regime and mandate for banks, lending institutions and the Title Insurance industry; Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”); Dodd-Frank Regulations; Home Ownership Equity Protection Act (“HOEPA”), FIRRA (appraisals); and TILA (as modified by CFPB), including all attendant research;
- Analysis of maps, plots, planning documentation, drafting and review of legal documentation including deeds, surveys and real estate documentation;
- Provide legal judgment on daily basis to protect and ensure the title insurance company was not exposed to liability from third parties;
- Performed CLE accredited seminars to attorneys, including NBI accredited seminar speaker (2015) on Title insurance and insurance defects;
- Provided numerous seminars and power-point presentations to lenders on Consumer Financial Protection Bureau compliance standards; and
- Delivered Oil and Gas seminars to corporate clients and seminars corporate clients on upcoming changes in banking and lending laws and regulations with emphasis on interaction with the title and credit industries.
- Provides dronw law services, including commercial drone regulations and guidance. Attorney Mroczka is an avid drone pilot.
Attorney Mroczka also has testified as a qualified expert witness in Real Estate and Title Insurance Transactions, 2003; Licensed Title Agent, Pennsylvania Department of Insurance-2003 (#268883); Licensed Title Agent, State of Florida—2006 (#P053163); Licensed Attorney, Pennsylvania Supreme Court (#53705); United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania; United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; Licensed attorney, Licensed Attorney, New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department (#687010); Lackawanna County Bar Association.
Learn more about Scaringi Law’s Real Estate Section.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Law
Ohio Northern School of Law
- J.D. – 1988
University of Scranton
- Criminal Justice, Dean’s List, Cum Laude
- Pennsylvania - 1988
- Marc A. Scaringi, Esq.
- Melanie Walz Scaringi, Esq.
- Frank C. Sluzis, Esq.
- Brian C. Caffrey, Esq.
- Keith E. Kendall, ESQ.
- Kelly M. Walsh, Esq.
- Karen L. DeMarco, Esq.
- Anthony E. Miley, Esq.
- F. Clay Merris, Esq.
- Drew F. Deyo, Esq.
- Judith Twigg Walz, Esq.
- Anthony Knabb diDonato, ESQ.
- Michael B. Howard, Esq.