Frank D. Mroczka, Esq.Associate Attorney
Chair – Real Estate Section
Attorney Frank Mroczka is Scaringi Law’s Real Estate Section Chair, and an Associate Attorney. Attorney Mroczka has over 30 years of legal experience including nearly 15 years as Senior Counsel to one of the largest real estate and title insurance companies in the Mid-Atlantic states.
Now at Scaringi Law, Attorney Mroczka puts his many years of experience providing title insurance and representing lenders in large and complex real estate transactions, to work representing Scaringi Law’s clients. He works in every aspect of every type of commercial or residential real estate transaction.
Attorney Mroczka represents real estate developers and investors in the acquisition or sale of real estate; developers and owners in zoning, planning and subdivisions, variances, easements, land use; lenders and borrowers and all parties in drafting and negotiating mortgage loan agreements, promissory notes, security agreements, financing statements, deeds, leases, easements, rights of way, rights of first refusal, options to purchase; commercial and residential landlords and commercial tenants in lease formation and negotiation and eviction and ejectment actions; real estate developers in the formation of real estate investment business entities; any party to any litigation involving real estate from boundary line disputes to adverse possession to mortgage foreclosure and any type of dispute in between.
In the words of one of Frank’s clients— "I’ve never spoken to a kinder and more helpful lawyer in my life. I appreciate his help and guidance."
Attorney Mroczka has expertise in resolving title defects and any dispute involving the title to real estate through negotiation or litigation.
As a former senior counsel to large title insurance company and title agent himself, Attorney Mroczka is deeply experienced and well situated to represent purchasers and lenders involved in any commercial or residential real estate transaction requiring title insurance. Attorney Mroczka has been a licensed title agent through the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance since 2003. He takes pride and pleasure in guiding clients through the complex and intricate aspects of a real estate settlement. Attorney Mroczka is ready willing and able to provide title insurance and conduct real estate settlements at any of Scaringi Law’s six local offices in Harrisburg, Newport, Carlisle, York, Gettysburg and Lancaster. Scaringi Law clients enjoy this high level of convenience and appreciate Attorney Mroczka’s extensive real estate experience.
Attorney Mroczka also represents lenders particularly small and midsized banks, community banks, mortgage companies and other lending institutions in compliance with the federal and state banking and lending laws and regulations including compliance with the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) including Regulation Z, X and regulations as modified by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”), including recent regulatory regime and mandate for banks, lending institutions and the Title Insurance industry, Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), Dodd-Frank Regulations, Home Ownership Equity Protection Act (“HOEPA”), FIRRA (appraisals) and the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) as modified by the CFPB.
Prior to joining Scaringi Law, Attorney Mroczka handled all legal aspects at a multi-faceted corporation licensed to do business in several states, including Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, District of Columbia, Massachusetts, Florida, and New York.
A few of Attorney Mroczka's services include:
- Providing legal advice and drafting of formation documents and contracts involving business entities regulated by the federal and state governments;
- Advice on multi-state rules, laws, and regulations involving insurance compliance standards of regulated entities, their contract partners and third-party vendors;
- Legal review and interaction with the Federal Government, Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”);
- Complaint and resolution oversight involving facts concerning the federal contract and the term of renewals;
- Provided legal advice regarding title and regulatory laws for 6 Northeastern states concerning insurance requirements, processes and procedures in relation to insurance compliance;
- Handled licensure for all states including monetary bonding for Fidelity and Surety policies;
- Provided legal oversight of specific regulatory agency requirements for lines of business including Title Insurance for 7 states, Mortgage Credit Reporting as a reseller of Credit Reporting services for Experian, Equifax and Transunion; Flood Insurance determinations and appeals; National Property Reporting services; Appraisal Services direct from the company and appraisal through its Appraisal Management Company (Multi-state); and Affiliated Business Regulation relating to affiliate corporations and entities and Regulatory Compliance monitoring under RESPA including Regulation Z, X and regulations as modified by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”), including recent regulatory regime and mandate for banks, lending institutions and the Title Insurance industry; Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”); Dodd-Frank Regulations; Home Ownership Equity Protection Act (“HOEPA”), FIRRA (appraisals); and TILA (as modified by CFPB), including all attendant research;
- Analysis of maps, plots, planning documentation, drafting and review of legal documentation including deeds, surveys, and real estate documentation;
- Provide legal judgment on a daily basis to protect and ensure the title insurance company was not exposed to liability from third parties;
- Performed CLE accredited seminars to attorneys, including NBI accredited seminar speaker (2015) on Title insurance and insurance defects;
- Provided numerous seminars and power-point presentations to lenders on Consumer Financial Protection Bureau compliance standards; and
- Delivered Oil and Gas seminars to corporate clients and seminars corporate clients on upcoming changes in banking and lending laws and regulations with emphasis on interaction with the title and credit industries.
- Provides drone law services, including commercial drone regulations and guidance. Attorney Mroczka is an avid drone pilot.
Attorney Mroczka also has testified as a qualified expert witness in Real Estate and Title Insurance Transactions, 2003; Licensed Title Agent, Pennsylvania Department of Insurance-2003 (#268883); Licensed Title Agent, State of Florida—2006 (#P053163); Licensed Attorney, Pennsylvania Supreme Court (#53705); United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania; United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; Licensed attorney, Licensed Attorney, New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department (#687010); Lackawanna County Bar Association.
Joined the firm
Areas of Practice
Ohio Northern School of Law
- J.D. – 1988
University of Scranton
- Criminal Justice, Dean’s List, Cum Laude
- Pennsylvania - 1988
Scaringi Law“If you have a misconception of attorneys, listen up.”At Oct 2nd 2018, I decided to contact Scaring Law firm in regards to a municipal issues. To start with, the receptionists was very friendly and professional. Thanks goes to you. Telling her my issue, I was transferred to Attorney Frank Mroczka. If you have a misconception of attorneys, listen up. This attorney talked with me for 70 minutes not asking for a dime. Now I can’t say this would be the case for all. I did as much homework as I could do for my case before Scaringi law firm. Since my first contact with this firm I received a call back Frank Mroczka asking how I made out at the township meeting at that moment I realized not only do I have a law firm who cares about my issue, but I have made a dear friend in the process. Special thanks to Marc and Melanie for hiring Frank Mroczka. So, I believe and feel that all members of Scaringi Law firm are the best at what they do. Thanks again to my new friend Frank Mroczka. Sincerely, James S. Humphries
Scaringi Law“Wonderful!”My husband and I used the Scaringi Law firm in connection with the purchase of our home. We worked with Attorney Frank Mroczka and his paralegal, Megan Schilling. Both were excellent and very responsive. There was a unique issue in our case, but Attorney Mroczka guided us through it and we felt we were in good hands the entire time. Additionally, they were both very responsive to any questions we had (and we had a lot!). Everyone at the Scaringi Law firm was very pleasant to deal with as well. We will be using them again in the future for estate planning. I very much appreciate the convenience of having a firm that you trust and which offers legal services in a variety of areas. Highly recommended!
Scaringi Law“Excellent Service!”Excellent Service! We used Scaring Law and Attorney Frank Mroczka for a real estate transaction and title insurance and they were truly exceptional. Frank's vast knowledge of real estate law saved us thousands of dollars and he made a complicated transaction go smoothly. First class Attorney and Law firm all the way. I cannot recommend them enough.
Scaringi Law“Attorney Frank Mroczka and his paralegal, Megan Schilling, were excellent.”We used Scaringi Law in connection with the purchase of our home. Attorney Frank Mroczka and his paralegal, Megan Schilling, were excellent. We had an odd issue crop up and Attorney Mroczka expertly navigated us through it. We were very happy with the law firm and will be using their services in the future. It is very convenient to have a firm that offers services in many areas of the law, such as estate planning, real estate services, and tax!
Scaringi Law“Frank Mroczka provides exceptional service for home loan transactions!”Frank Mroczka left such a positive, trustworthy impression! I work with many Settlement Agents on a daily basis for home purchases and refinances. Frank M. and Megan S. were absolutely at the top of my list for amazing service. They were extremely quick to get back to my emails and phone calls. They were never afraid to pick up the phone and make the call to me. That was one of my favorite parts! Speaking to them on the actual phone! Every step of my process with them was done as a team, so they both always knew what was happening. I never had to repeat my questions or check in on their progress. I rarely get to actually speak to the person handling the settlement, so it was a treat interacting with Frank M! Not only did they go above and beyond servicing my needs, but they were just as involved with our mutual client. They knew so much about our client and really showed that they enjoyed every second of their job. After each phone call with Frank M and Megan S, I gushed about their personalities and service to my coworkers. It is exciting to find a company so dedicated to all of its customers. Thank you!
- Marc A. Scaringi, Esq.
- Melanie Walz Scaringi, Esq.
- Frank C. Sluzis, Esq.
- Brian C. Caffrey, Esq.
- Keith E. Kendall, ESQ.
- Kelly M. Walsh, Esq.
- Karen L. DeMarco, Esq.
- Anthony E. Miley, Esq.
- F. Clay Merris, Esq.
- Judith Twigg Walz, Esq.
- Anthony Knabb diDonato, Esq.
- Robert M. Sakovich, Esq.
- Victor G. Myers, Esq.
- John P. Muncer, Esq.