Food Safety & Sanitation Issues
Skilled Harrisburg Lawyers Representing Bars & Restaurants
The food service industry can be an extremely exciting field with countless opportunities to bring something new and provocative to the dining scene. However, because of the extensive and intricate set of laws surrounding the production and sale of consumables, there is almost as much potential for pitfalls. We strongly recommend that you bring in one of our extensively experienced Harrisburg food safety lawyers at Scaringi Law to protect your employees and your livelihood. Whether you need general counsel to ensure that you are in compliance at all times, or you need a knowledgeable litigator to defend you when faced with a violation, we can help!
If you are not sure where you stand, or have questions about possible changes to the law and how it may affect your business, contact us today! We would be happy to help.
Learn more about Pennsylvania’s state regulations in regards to food handling:
- Each facility which sells food products must employ at least one supervisor who is food safety certified by a nationally-recognized ANSI-CFP class.
- To fulfill your food safety training requirement, you must complete a 16 hour certification course.
- These certificates are mandatory, and must be renewed every 5 years.
- New businesses have 90 days to demonstrate that they have a Certified Food Manager.
- If an existing establishment loses their certification due to employee turnover, they also have 90 days from the day the certified employee left to get certified and compliant.
Set Your Business Up for Success
We can help you determine what permits and licenses you will need to operate legally, as well as how to acquire them, and advise on best practices to keep them. At Scaringi Law, our team of dedicated Harrisburg food safety attorneys have the knowledge and experience to keep your establishment compliant, so that all you have to worry about is making great food.
Call Scaringi Law today at (717) 775-7195 to schedule your consultation!