Robert B. ShearerAssociate Attorney
Attorney Robert B. Shearer joined Scaringi Law as an Associate Attorney in July of 2022 and brought with him over 20 years of legal experience. Attorney Shearer practices in the areas of bankruptcy, debtors’ and creditors’ rights, real estate, civil and commercial litigation in state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Scaringi Law, Attorney Shearer operated a private, solo practice in Western Pennsylvania. In his private practice, Attorney Shearer handled the following practice areas: Collections (Debtor and Creditor), Mortgage Foreclosure (Commercial and Residential), Real Estate Closings, Representation of Debtors in Chapters 7 and 13, and Subrogation Claims.
From 2005-2021, Attorney Shearer served as a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Panel Trustee for the Western District of PA. As Trustee, Attorney Shearer oversaw and administered thousands of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy cases. He was responsible for identifying exempt and non-exempt assets, seizing and selling non-exempt property, and distributing the proceeds to creditors. As Trustee, Attorney Shearer handled the following claims: Claims Litigation, Federal Court Mediation, Fraudulent Conveyance Litigation, Preference Litigation, Relief from the Automatic Stay, Secured Creditor Litigation (UCC).
With over fifteen years of experience as a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee, Attorney Shearer is well-positioned to steer any debtor or creditor through the process of Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcies. As Trustee, Attorney Shearer handled over 8,000 Chapter 7 cases. As an attorney representing individual debtors, Attorney Shearer has handled over one hundred Chapter 13 cases. As Trustee, Attorney Shearer was responsible for among other things selling non-exempt property including real estate. In this capacity, Attorney Shearer was involved in the sale of many parcels of real estate. Further, his extensive litigation in the federal bankruptcy courts makes Attorney Shearer well-suited to represent any individual or business in civil or commercial litigation. By virtue of his role as Trustee, Attorney Shearer has detailed and extensive experience handling motions for relief from the Automatic Stay and secured creditor litigating. This expensive makes Attorney Shearer uniquely experienced to represent both debtors and creditors in bankruptcy.
Joined the Firm
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy – Chapters 7, 13, and 11- Business and Individual Bankruptcies
Bankruptcy Litigation, including:
- Claims Litigation
- Federal Court Mediation
- Fraudulent Conveyance Litigation
- Preference Litigation
- Relief from the Automatic Stay
- Secured Creditor Litigation (UCC).
- Debtors’ and Creditors’ Rights
- Real Estate
- Mortgage Foreclosure (Commercial and Residential)
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Subrogation Claims
Shearer v. Tepsic (In re Emergency Monitoring Techs., Inc.), 366 B.R. 476
Shearer v. (Volpatti) In re Volpatti, 2007 Bankr. LEXIS 5048
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1999)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania (1999)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (pending)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law - Pittsburgh, PA. Juris Doctorate.August 1996 to May 1999
- Carnegie Mellon University – Pittsburgh, PA. Bachelor’s of Science in History August 1990 to April 1995