Small Games of Chance Act 2
2012 Amendments to Local Option
Act 2 of 2012 contained two distinct effective dates: March 3, 2012 and February 1. 2013. This article is a reminder and refresher of those changes to the law which go into effect on February 1, 2013.
As of February 1, 2013, the following changes are in effect:
1. Club licensees are required to electronically file semi-annual reports with the Department of Revenue. These reports are due February 1 for the preceding six month period beginning July 1 and ending December 31, and August 1 for the preceding six month period beginning January 1 and ending June 30.
2. Club licensees will be required to report the following with respect to small games of chance:
- Number of W-2G forms issued;
- Total gross winnings reported on W-2G forms;
- Gross revenue collected for all games of chance, itemized by week and type of game;
- Total small games of chance expenses, itemized by week and type of game;
- Total prizes paid, itemized by week and type of game;
Proceeds, itemized by week and type of game detailing the following:
- Amount of proceeds used for public interest purposes, including details regarding the dates distributed, name of recipients, and the amounts distributed; and,
- Amount of proceeds used for operational expenses, including details regarding amount used for real property taxes, utility and fuel costs; water and sewer costs; property or liability insurance costs, including repairs to parking lots; new facility construction costs; entertainment equipment, including television, video and electronic games; and the description, completion date, and amount retained from a substantial purchase or project.
If you have any questions regarding Act 2 of 2012 or any other liquor issues, please contact Frank for a review of your matter, at (717) 775-7195.
FRANK C. SLUZIS is a Scaringi Law Senior Associate Attorney, former Prosecutor for the PLCB (Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board), and an experienced Liquor Law attorney.
Call (717) 775-7195, chat, or fill out our convenient Contact Us form, and get the Scaringi Law legal team started on your case today!