Modifications in Child Custody & Support

Newport Child Support Modification Lawyers: Protecting Your Parental Rights After a Divorce

At Scaringi Law, much of our family law work takes place when a client seeks enforcement of an important right in the divorce decree, or needs advice about modifying established child support or child custody obligations to better fit changed circumstances. With decades of experience in central Pennsylvania's family courts, we are in a good position to protect our clients' legal rights and the interests of their children.

If you need advice about child support or child custody enforcement or modification, contact our custody modification lawyers to ask about our initial consults. We have law offices in Harrisburg and Newport, Pennsylvania.

Call for Advice About Modification on a Child Support or Custody Order: (717) 775-7195

In order to modify a Pennsylvania child support or child custody order, you must be able to show that there has been a "substantial change in circumstances." Our lawyers' experience in modification allows them to give you a good idea about whether the change in your situation is substantial enough to justify seeking an order from the court. Minor changes in circumstances generally won't support a motion for modification, but such major events as the loss of a job, a continuing health crisis or the cohabitation of your former spouse probably will.

Another common reason for modifying child custody and visitation is the relocation of the parent with primary physical custody. Parental relocation / move-aways can give a child new opportunities but also threaten the child's relationship with his or her noncustodial parent. Our attorneys can advise you about your options on either side of a relocation proposal.

Representing Parents in Family Court Enforcement Matters

We also handle a wide range of child custody and child support enforcement matters. Unpaid child support, interference with visitation or failure to follow a child custody order can all support an action for enforcement, which can be backed by the court's contempt power. Jail is a realistic possibility for the party in default. We can handle either side of enforcement cases.

An increasingly important aspect of our practice involves the enforcement of child custody and child support orders from other states (otherwise known as interstate child custody). If the other parent of your child moved the family to Pennsylvania without the proper court authorization in your home state, we can use the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act to protect and enforce your interests here. We also enforce the rights of Pennsylvania parents against those who moved their children to different states or foreign countries.

Contact Our Harrisburg Child Support Modification Lawyers

To ask about our initial consults about the modification or enforcement of child support or child custody orders in central Pennsylvania, contact a custody modifications lawyer at Scaringi Law in Newport or Harrisburg today.

Prev Next


  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law Kelly was amazing!
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law Congratulations on a Fine Staff
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law Frank went to bat for us!
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law They were confident and very professional!
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law If you have a misconception of attorneys, listen up.
Prev Next

    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This number is my:
    • Please make a selection.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side