Pennsylvania Child Relocation Lawyers
If a parent wants to relocate and take his or her child along, there is a very specific process that he or she must go through with the court. Relocation can affect other matters such as child support, child custody and visitation. It is important that you work with a family lawyer who is familiar with the legal process associated with relocation. The attorneys at Scaringi Law, make it a priority to stay up-to-date with the most recent changes in the law in this area and have been successful in representing mothers and fathers in the relocation process.
Our Pennsylvania law firm has a proven reputation and track record in the area of family law. While we take an assertive approach to resolving disputes and legal matters, we take a compassionate approach to working with our clients. Our family law attorneys take time to listen to your objectives for your situation and explain all available options.
Call Scaringi Law, at (717) 775-7195 to schedule a free consultation with any of our offices : Harrisburg, Newport, Carlisle or York. Coming soon to Lancaster.
Relocation Factors In Pennsylvania
The courts will look at several factors when determining whether or not to grant a proposed relocation. However, the most important factor to be considered is whether or not the relocation is in the best interests of the child. Some of the other factors include:
- The type of relationship that the child has with the party proposing to relocate (including relationships with siblings and other people in the child's life)
- The age of the child and the likely impact of the relocation (physical, educational and emotional developments)
- How relationships will be preserved between the relocating and non-relocating parent
- Child's preference (depending on the age and maturity of the child)
- Whether the relocation will enhance the quality of life for the child
At Scaringi Law, we pride ourselves on our in-depth knowledge of the law and our ability to effectively represent our clients in court. We are familiar with the information that courts will be looking for with regard to particular situations and what the likelihood is of the relocation being granted.
Contact Our Child Custody And Visitation Rights Attorneys
Please contact the experienced Pennsylvania child relocation attorneys at our firm to schedule a free initial consultation.