Interstate Child Custody

Newport Lawyers Resolving Child Custody Issues Over State Lines

An important part of our family law practice at Scaringi Law is to help negotiate, enforce or modify child custody and child support orders involving multiple states. Did the other parent move your child to Pennsylvania without proper court authorization? Would you like to enforce or modify your child custody order in another state? Dealing with child custody over state lines is often difficult, especially when custody was ordered in a different state than the child's current residence. That is why it is important to have a family law attorney on your side who is experienced in this area and understands the state and federal laws that apply to your case.

Call for Advice Regarding Your Interstate Child Custody Issue

The interstate child custody lawyers at Scaringi Law have more than 80 years of combined experience handling child custody issues, including extensive experience with custody orders involving multiple states. With offices in Newport and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, we offer legal advice and representation to clients throughout the state and the United States whose child custody issues involve Pennsylvania's courts.

Whether you have lost your job and cannot make child support payments, you need to move away with your child (parental relocation) or you have another pressing issue that involves interstate child custody, we can help. Please contact us before you leave the state or take any other actions that could affect your parental rights. Interstate child custody cases have special rules that you must follow — we understand these rules and will stand by your side during the process.

The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)

The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) explains what court in what states can hear a case (this is called "jurisdiction"). Generally, the court with jurisdiction over child custody will be in the child's "home state." This is the state where the child has lived for at least six months immediately before the particular custody case was filed.

In some cases, this means that we can use the UCCJEA to protect your interests if the other parent moved your child to Pennsylvania without proper court authorization. We can also use the UCCJEA to enforce your rights when the other parent moved the child to another state, or even a foreign country.

Contact Our Harrisburg Family Law Attorneys

To ask about our initial consults about child custody involving multiple states, contact an interstate child custody lawyer at Scaringi Law Call (717) 775-7195.

Prev Next


  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law Kelly was amazing!
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law Congratulations on a Fine Staff
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law Frank went to bat for us!
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law They were confident and very professional!
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law If you have a misconception of attorneys, listen up.
Prev Next

    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This number is my:
    • Please make a selection.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side