Spousal Support Modification and Enforcement

Enforcing and Modifying Alimony After a Divorce

Once the divorce decree is in place, most people want to wash their hands of it. They hope that they will not have to revisit any divorce issues. Yet, circumstances can change, making original decisions and orders, such as spousal support and alimony orders, impossible or inadequate. For example, the paying spouse may lose a job or stop paying alimony altogether. Or the spouse receiving alimony may marry or get the education she/he needs to become self-sufficient.

When major changes happen, individuals can bring a motion to modify or enforce a spousal support order with the court. If you need advice about modifying or enforcing spousal support, contact Scaringi Law

Call Us Now at (717) 775-7195 to Ask About Our consultations

Our Harrisburg divorce attorneys provide practical advice and aggressive advocacy for clients involved in alimony modification and enforcement actions. We are a family law firm, focused on providing lifelong support to clients throughout central Pennsylvania. One of our attorneys, Frank C. Sluzis, is a former family court master who has significant insight into the judicial decision-making process in family law cases. Whether or not we helped you with your divorce, you can rely on us for your enforcement or modification matter.

Spousal Support and Alimony Enforcement

After spending hours disputing spousal support during divorce, the last thing you want is to have to return to court for an enforcement hearing. We can make this process easier for you:

  • Enforcement: Is your ex refusing to pay court-ordered alimony or spousal support? We can help you use the contempt power of the court to enforce your support order.
  • Defense: Are you being accused of failing to pay final alimony or spousal support? You may face license suspension, time in jail and other serious consequences. We can defend you against these allegations and help you find an effective solution.

Sometimes, an enforcement action brings to light a change in circumstances that is significant enough to make changing a spousal support order the best option. In those cases, we help clients bring or defend against motions to modify spousal support.

Spousal Support and Alimony Modification

The person requesting Pennsylvania spousal support/alimony modification must be able to show that there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances. "Substantial change" can mean different things in different circumstances. However, common examples include the existence of additional income, remarriage of the supported spouse and job loss/income loss.

Our alimony modification lawyers can sit down with you to determine whether there was a substantial change in circumstances in your case. Because we are seasoned trial lawyers who have extensive experience practicing in central Pennsylvania courts, we are able to help our clients determine the likely result of a motion to modify spousal support or alimony. Whether you are bringing or fighting that motion, we will let you know if you have a strong case.

Contact Our Spousal Support Modification Lawyers

To ask about our consultations about the modification or enforcement of spousal support or alimony orders in central Pennsylvania, contact the Harrisburg divorce lawyers of Scaringi Law at their offices in Newport and Harrisburg.

Prev Next


  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law Kelly was amazing!
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law Congratulations on a Fine Staff
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law Frank went to bat for us!
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law They were confident and very professional!
  • Scaringi Law Scaringi Law If you have a misconception of attorneys, listen up.
Prev Next

    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This number is my:
    • Please make a selection.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side