Frank C. Sluzis, Esq.Senior Associate Attorney
Chair – Restaurant, Bar, and Hospitality Section
Chair – Workers’ Compensation Section
Attorney Frank C. Sluzis became a part of the team at Scaringi Law in 2007, bringing with him more than 35 years of legal experience and insight. Mr. Sluzis has a diverse legal background, devoting his practice to representing clients in cases involving workers’ comp, family law, criminal charges, municipal law, liquor license matters, and more.
He has brought more than 100 criminal cases to trial, with several being homicide cases. Mr. Sluzis has spent significant time developing his criminal defense practice, working on cases involving sex crimes, white collar crimes, drug offenses, and other serious crimes in both state and federal courts across Pennsylvania. Mr. Sluzis is also certified to represent clients in capital cases.
In addition to his criminal defense practice, Mr. Sluzis has been heavily involved in family law matters, handling cases related to divorce and support matters. He is a former Divorce Master of Dauphin County and Divorce and Support Court Master in Schuylkill County, further solidifying his reputation in this area of law. He has been involved in many cases related to divorce, alimony, and custody, providing recommended rulings to the presiding judges in such cases. Mr. Sluzis has truly invaluable experience in the area of family law that few other attorneys can offer.
As the former Chief Prosecutor of the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) Nuisance Bar program and former Assistant Counsel to the PLCB, Mr. Sluzis is also well-versed on liquor license matters. During this time, he gained extensive experience in such matters, developing a strong understanding of the laws and intricacies related to liquor license citations, enforcement, and forfeitures. He now guides clients on the purchase, renewal, sale, and determination of value in regards to liquor licenses and related laws, including commercial and civil litigation. Mr. Sluzis is a member of the Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association – a statewide association of restaurants, bars and hotels. Mr. Sluzis currently serves on two committees: Alcohol Service and Government Affairs where he is frequently called upon to provide his expertise on Pennsylvania’s liquor laws and regulations.
Another focus of Mr. Sluzis is the area of workers’ compensation. He previously served as Regional Counsel to the Pennsylvania Bureau of Workers' Compensation, where he would advise the Administrative Law Judges presiding over workers' comp hearings and deciding on cases. Now, Mr. Sluzis has thorough knowledge related to representing such cases on behalf of workers, using his experience to advocate on behalf of the injured.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Sluzis has worked to establish a municipal law practice, serving as the former solicitor to Newport Borough, Perry County.
Legal Assistant:Attorney Sluzis is assisted by his paralegal, Amy M. Brady. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies. In 2013, Ms. Brady joined Scaringi Law and has over 8 years of experience as a paralegal. She takes great interest in Mr. Sluzis’s clients and their cases. Ms. Brady is a true partner to Mr. Sluzis and is always willing and able to take care of any client need or request.
Joined the firm
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Liquor License Law
- Municipal Law
- Small Games of Chance
- Pennsylvania, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1984
Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- B.A. cum laude - 1981
- Frank C. Sluzis, Attorney at Law, Elizabethtown, PA, 2006 - 2007
- Dauphin County, Divorce Court Master, 2006 - 2007
- Elliott, Greenleaf, Siedzikowski & Balaban, Harrisburg, PA, Associate Attorney, 2005 - 2006
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB), Office of Chief Counsel, Former Assistant Counsel
- PLCB Nuisance Bar Program, Harrisburg, PA, Chief Prosecutor, 2001 - 2005
- Sluzis & Markosky, Attorneys at Law, PC, Shenandoah, PA, Partner, 1999 - 2001
- Frank C. Sluzis, Attorney at Law, Shenandoah, PA, Solo Practitioner, 1993 - 1999
- Schuylkill County Divorce and Support Court Master, Pottsville, PA, Master, 1993 - 1998
- Schuylkill County Domestic Relations Office, Pottsville, PA, Staff Attorney, 1990 - 1993
- DeSantis & Menconi, Attorneys at Law, Tamaqua, PA, Associate Attorney, 1990 - 1993
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Labor and Industry, Bureau of Workers' Compensation, Harrisburg, PA, Regional Counsel, 1987 - 1990
- Anthony J. Miernicki, Attorney at Law, PC, Shenandoah, PA, Associate Attorney, 1985 - 1987
- The Hon. Edwin Naythons, United States Magistrate, United States Courthouse, Philadelphia, PA, Law Clerk, 1983 - 1984
- Elderly Law Project, Temple University, Philadelphia, Student Attorney, 1982 - 1983
- American Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Administrative Law Section
- Criminal Law Section
- Family Law Section
- Workers' Compensation Section
- American Association for Justice
- Federal Bar Association
- St. Thomas Moore Society of Central Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Restaurant and Lodging Association Alcohol Service Committee
Blog Entries by Frank C. Sluzis, Esq.
Scaringi Law“We could not have imagined a better outcome. Your staff was professional, courteous and exceptional.”I'd like to send you this correspondence reflecting my great appreciation for your firm's handling of my son's case. We could not have imagined a better outcome. Your staff was professional, courteous and exceptional. I want to thank Attorney Frank Sluzis who was instrumental in helping us decide the direction of the case. In addition, I want to thank Frank who was not only brilliant in the courtroom, but also excellent with (my son) making him feel confident, informed and most of all, well represented. Please share my gratitude with your outstanding attorney. I will certainly be recommending your firm to anyone in need of your specialty.
Scaringi Law“Excellent representation in the court room and more than pleased with the outcome of our criminal case.”I have never had the opportunity to work with such an intelligent and well- grounded individual as Mr. Frank Sluzis. His knowledge of expertise was amazing and prompt follow ups in addressing my many questions and concerns throughout this process. Excellent representation in the court room and more than pleased with the outcome of our criminal case. Highly recommend Mr. Sluzis! Should friends or loved ones face similar hardships I will recommend they contact Mr. Sluzis with my utmost confidence. God Bless Us.
Scaringi Law“I feel I received everything I could ask for in my case.”My Lawyer, Frank Sluzis was an excellent Lawyer. I needed him for my Workers Comp when I injured my back at work. I feel I received everything I could ask for in my case. I feel it was a satisfied case. I also believe it was an honest case. Thank you all for all you have done.
- Marc A. Scaringi, Esq.
- Melanie Walz Scaringi, Esq.
- Brian C. Caffrey, Esq.
- Keith E. Kendall, ESQ.
- Kelly M. Walsh, Esq.
- Karen L. DeMarco, Esq.
- Anthony E. Miley, Esq.
- F. Clay Merris, Esq.
- Judith Twigg Walz, Esq.
- Frank D. Mroczka, Esq.
- Anthony Knabb diDonato, Esq.
- Robert M. Sakovich, Esq.
- Victor G. Myers, Esq.
- John P. Muncer, Esq.