Harrisburg Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Here for You in Your Time of Need
A motorcycle accident can wreak havoc on your emotional and physical wellbeing. While you're recovering, it can be difficult to even imagine pursuing a personal injury case in court.
Our Harrisburg motorcycle accident attorneys are here to help. Our lawyers understand the ins and outs of personal injury law in PA and will work with you to find the best path forward in your case.
Should I File a Personal Injury Suit for My Motorcycle Accident?
If you were involved in a motorcycle accident due to someone else's negligence, you're probably eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit against the offending party. A personal injury suit can help you receive compensation for expenses you incur as a result of the accident, such as medical costs, lost wages, compensation for pain and suffering, etc.
Some common causes for motorcycle accidents include:
- Lane splitting and unsafe lane changes. The maneuverability of motorcycles can make it tempting for riders to split or quickly change lanes. Unfortunately, this often results in accidents—especially if drivers are unaware of the motorcycle in question.
- Unaware drivers. Unaware drivers are a major cause of motorcycle accidents. Since motorcycles are harder to see than cars, many accidents occur during maneuvers like left-hand turns or right-on-reds when a driver fails to notice a motorcycle.
- Inexperienced riders. Motorcycles can be difficult to pilot effectively, especially for new riders who choose a high-powered bike. Novice riders may lose control, causing an accident.
- Driving under the influence (DUI). Like drivers, riders sometimes operate their vehicles while under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances, resulting in accidents.
- Bikers who fail to account for inclement weather. When bikers fail to make allowances for weather events like rain or snow, accidents often occur.
- Unaware bikers. Like drivers, bikers can be unaware of their surroundings. When bikers fail to pay attention to what other people on the road are doing, it often results in injuries.
At Scaringi Law, our Harrisburg motorcycle accident attorneys have the experience to help you navigate your personal injury case with confidence.